Ann is a long-standing member of our administrative team. As legal assistant to Sue Wittrick and Joanna Longfellow, she is well known to many of our clients for her helpfulness and efficiency. Ann has worked in all areas of our practice and currently supports the Family and Child Care teams.
We asked Ann to tell us five things you might not know about her:
- My family tree can be traced to a sailor from the Spanish Armada. When the fleet were scuttled many sailors came ashore in Wales. The British were not well liked in Wales at the time and many of the sailors married Welsh farmers’ daughters.
- When I started my career jobs were very scarce. I “fell” into law because there was only one office based job in the paper that particular week and that was for a solicitors’ office. Purely by chance the solicitor who interviewed me had been to the same school and so he gave me a chance.
- The thing I enjoy most about working at King Street Solicitors is the variety. No two days are the same!
- The best place for lunch in Wakefield, in my view, is the garden area opposite County Hall on a summery day.
- Much of my free time is taken up with my gorgeous grandson. I also enjoy anything cultural – particularly events such as Proms and Jazz on the Lawn