Skip to content
We decided to ask our Private Client Solicitor a few questions….
- What made you become a Solicitor ?Actually, my first career choice whilst at school was medicine. Sadly, my sciences were not strong enough and I decided that a career as a Solicitor would similarly fulfil my wish to help people. We all have different motivations but mine has always been principally to make a difference to people’s lives.
- Can you describe a typical day at work ?One of the best things about this job is that every single day is different. I like to start the day in the office catching up with post and e:mails, whilst munching on a banana at my desk. I’m not and never have been a morning person ! My day is normally balanced between seeing clients and working on my cases. Ideally, it is broken up with home visits. I often go to see clients in hospital. I love getting out and about.
- What do you love about your job ?It has to be my clients. I’ve always been a people person and love always love meeting new people. I especially love hearing about people lives and learning about things before I was even born !
- What has your proudest moment been as a Solicitor ?It’s always nice when a client thanks me (as fortunately several have done recently). This quote stands out from a client in May 2017, “ …thanks for all your help. I know it has been a tricky one for you but you have made an impossible situation easier for me at an upsetting time”.Also, I am an Accredited member of the Solicitors for the Elderly. This is an organisation of legal professionals, specialising in older client work. Full members, including me, have to pass stringent tests and exams, to ensure that they are true specialists and are committed to providing a high standard of client care. My first job was in Customer Service and I believe that training instilled in me the importance of providing excellent service. Sadly, this is something that it often overlooked by professionals. It includes simple things like returning phone calls promptly. I do hope that I succeed where others sometimes fail
- Finally, what do you enjoy doing away from work ? My greatest passion is travelling. Last Christmas, I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and went trekking in Morocco. I’m no camper but there I was under the stars every night. I have to say that it was challenging at times and extremely cold but it was a wonderful experience with an amazing group of people. It brought home to me the fact that it’s often the greatest challenges which bring us the greatest joy.