Choosing a Solicitor can be a bit of a minefield. Clients often seek guidance from friends or family for recommendations which often helps them choose a Solicitor to consult. Apart from this personal recommendation, I would suggest that you choose a Solicitor who is a member of Resolution.
Resolution is a national organisation and community for family lawyers and other professionals committed to the ‘constructive resolution of family disputes’.
I have been a member of Resolution since I started my training contract back in 2002. I, like other members, follow a Code of Practice which in summary, promotes a non-confrontational approach to family problems. Members encourage solutions that consider the needs of the whole family, with particular importance placed on the best interests of any relevant children.
As a member, I will not only provide you with legal advice in relation to your family law issues, but I will also:
• Listen to you, be honest with you and treat you with respect.
• Explain all the available options and give you support and confidence to make the right decisions for you.
• Help you focus on what is important in the long-term.
• Help you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
• Work with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
• Manage stress in what can be an already stressful situation.
By adhering to the Code and above guidelines, I provide my clients with reassurance and confidence in what can often be a very stressful time in their lives.
I have access to a number of Guides to Good Practice which assist me in maintaining the Code and carrying out my day-to-day work.
I will provide you with helpful information leaflets produced by Resolution when you first visit me at the office.
I often direct my client’s spouses or partners to the Resolution website, so that they can use the Choose a Solicitor search to identify another member to consult in the case.
Please visit www.resolution.org.uk for further information. You can also call me on 01924 332395 for further information and to make an appointment to see me.